Last Updated: December 15, 2022
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us:
- Account information, such as your name, email address, and other similar information when you register an account with us.
- Transaction information, such payment information and authentication details when you purchase a subscription for the Services.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, reviews, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, services, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Automatic data collection.We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Email Open/Click Information. We may use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email that we may send to you.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
How we use your personal information
To operate our Services
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve our Services.
- Provide information about our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Marketing and advertisingWe may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email and in-app notifications. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
To comply with lawAs we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safetyTo: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How we may share your personal information
Service providersWe may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management).
Authorities and othersWe may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Opt out of marketing communicationsYou may opt out of email communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email.
Online tracking opt-outThere are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our Services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Plausible Analytics. We use the privacy-friendly tool Plausible Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with the Services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our Services. For more information on Plausible Analytics, click here. For more information about Plausible’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Plausible Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here for Chrome.
Do Not TrackSome Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other sites, mobile applications and servicesOur Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
Security practicesWe use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information. In the event that we are required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email or telephone to the extent permitted by law.
ChildrenOur Services are not intended for children, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define "children" as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact usPlease direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com.
Back to Top